Wild Walkers is a perfect, off-beat getaway for small private gatherings & families. Elegant and rustic, the environment friendly lodge has 3 large bedrooms with independent access, a common sitting & dining area, all of which provide stunning views of the forest. A kitchen with firewood cooking facilities caters to the guests. The nights are special with the lantern experience. Kerosene lanterns brighten the cozy rooms, offering a perfect ambience to unwind.
Listen to the melodies of the Whistling Schoolboy (Malabar Thrush) from the comforts of this ground floor room. It is spacious with a large bathroom, fire chimney, forest view, decorated flooring & a private wildlife viewing deck.
Yes! Expect to spot the great Indian Gaur from this first floor room. Spacious with a large bathroom, the room also has a fire chimney, forest & valley views and a private wildlife viewing deck.
A simple room with an attached bathroom on the first floor, this room has a mountain & forest view.
Who can visit?
- Wild Walkers is located in a hilly, forest area with various inclines and might not suit the elderly.
- Children below 8yrs are not permitted.
- Dogs and pets are not permitted as it is a wildlife zone.
- Loud music with partying and damage to the environment is strictly a no-no.
- Minimal electricity by solar / generator
- Night lighting is with hurricane lamps
- No television
- No credit card facility
- Low mobile signal coverage
- No Internet and wi-fi facility
- Hot water for baths is firewood heated
- Filtered spring water is boiled and provided for drinking, however bottled water can be purchased at the property
- Nearest ATM, pharmacy, fuel station & hospital facility is 15 kms from the lodge in Ooty.